Friday, April 2, 2010

The Pledge

The Pledge
Written: June 12, 2005

We all have stood as children
With or hand upon our heart
And pledged loyalty to our flag
And that we would do our part

That we will work and strive to keep
Life in America free
A land of blessings & choices to make
This United States the best country it can be

I made another pledge one day
But not to the Old Red, White and Blue
My pledge was made to an old rugged cross
Where Jesus died for me and for you

I pledge my allegiance day by day
To the Lamb on Calvary slain
And serve this Lamb as I go about
Worshipping and honoring His name

Is this a pledge that you have made?
Do you serve the Lord this day?
If not, please while you still have time
Stand with me, Raise your hand high
And boldly proudly say…..

I wrote this to read as an introduction when singing the song I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb by Ray Boltz...

[at this point the introductory music begans]

“ I pledge allegiance to the lamb
With all my strength
With all I am
I will seek to honor his commands
I pledge allegience to the Lamb”
(taken from I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb by Ray Boltz)

No comments:

Post a Comment