Friday, May 20, 2011

Well Done, Welcome Home



at the end of this life
when we stand before his throne
the words we all long to hear
are "Well Done, Welcome Home"

well done, my precious child
for all you have done
the times you gave all you had
spreading the message of my love

you answered my call upon your heart
surrendered to me your life
then you went out in my son's name
bringing into darkness my grace & light

sure you had some days
when you felt the battle was lost
you didn't know if you could go on
if you could fully pay the cost

it was on these days i brought to mind
some soul i had you reach
some person now bound for glory
because of the message you had to bring

remember my child upon those days
when things aren't going right
when your body aches and you can't go on
total healing is in sight

i'm busy preparing a place for you
to live eternally
where you will struggle no longer
only worship at my feet

one day our lives will be over
our earthly bodies gone
we'll walk through gates of pearl
and hear "Well Done, Welcome Home"

8-19-07
Inspired by Dewayne and Sue Murrell, FBC Polk City, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment