Friday, May 22, 2009

Alicia You are loved

Alicia, You are Loved
Written for the 18th birthday of Alicia Lynn Stokes 10-23-06

So many years have passed us by
Numerous milestones have come and gone
While geographically we’ve been apart
In my heart you’ve always been at home

How many things I’ve had to miss
All the events that shaped you
To just turn back the hands of time
There’s nothing I wouldn’t do

The dolls, Barbies and tea parties we’ve missed
Seeing you as that sweet little girl
You playing dress up with movie star dreams
Watching you cheer for the world

Oh, how I wish I could go back
And hold you as a babe in my arms
Instead I had to be content to pray for you
As I could only hold you in my heart

I’m so very proud to call you my nieceI
love the young woman you’ve become
You are beautiful both inside and out
Your heart is filled with love

Wherever you go, whatever you do
Whenever you need a listening ear
Please rest assured you can call my name
For you I will always be here

No matter how many miles and years
Come between the two of us
Never forget how special you are
Always know you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment